Friday, June 12, 2009

J.J. Abrams Will Return to Produce Mission: Impossible 4!

We've heard rumblings of a Mission: Impossible 4, but nothing official yet. However, SpoilerTV has a scan from the latest issue of TV Guide where a little blurb on the "The Next 'Mission'" mentions that J.J. Abrams is back as a producer. "I am incredibly honored that Tom [Cruise] has invited me back as a producer on Mission Impossible 4," they quote Abrams as saying. Not much else was revealed, except that Tom and J.J. are looking for a screenwriter and that it's uncertain whether J.J. might be interested in directing this (although I doubt it). "Tom and I have come up with a really cool idea we are pursuing."

I would argue that Mission: Impossible III, which was J.J. Abrams' feature directing debut, was one of the best action movies of the last 10 years. It doesn't exactly match up to the original Mission: Impossible from 1996, but Abrams breathed ...

No comments:

Post a Comment